In Vino Veritas is Latin for “in wine [there is] truth”. The Greeks had a similar phrase; the Gallic and Germanic tribes always held council while drinking wine because they believed that if one was drinking wine they could not tell a lie. The ancient Babylonians phrased it as “in comes wine, out comes a secret”.
There is no secret to wine, yet it is mysterious. Its complexity and variety can make understanding wine overwhelming. But the mystery of wine can be unraveled, and once understood, there is a wide world of wine to be tasted.
Savvy Nomad Tasting & Tours leads the adventurous into the sensory world of wine.
- Learn how to rate wine objectively not subjectively.
- Train your nose to pick out the 54 most important aromas in wine, like grapefruit, cherry, pine and licorice.
- Learn how looking at a wine can help you assess it’s flavor.
- Understand how the influences of oak, alcohol, sugar and tannins change the body and complexity of wine.
- And learn what wines you like, and how to buy wine you’ll enjoy.
Classes are offered to the public with our partnered restaurants, clubs and liquor stores and also for private gathering of friends and family. Check our Upcoming Classes/Calendar page to see where the next class takes place or to schedule a tasting.
Each summer we lead canal boat excursions through French wine country. Riding along on a canal boat, at a walking pace, on your own watery road, through the many canals that lace through France is nothing but pure joy. This is a relaxing vacation that you’ll never forget as you are enthralled by French villages, castles and vineyards and of course, local wines. Check our Tours page to inquire about booking a trip of a lifetime on the French canals.