In the fall 2020 we will cruise through France’s Loire River Valley, also known as “The Garden of France.” The canal we will travel is the Canal Latéral à la Loire. An information and reservation PDF packet with additional pictures is available here. Also see our Destination Description page.
Scroll down for cost and to see what is included in this cruise.
September 5-12, 2020: FULL (3 cabins / double occupancy)
September 19-26, 2020: FULL (3 cabins / double occupancy)
These boats are booked and the dates are set. The cruise is 7 days/nights. There is still time to decide if you want to extend your trip to Paris or another place after committing to the boat trip. Plane tickets will be booked about 4-6 months prior to your departure date. If adding on to your boat cruise by visiting Paris or another location, hotels can be booked anywhere from 3-6 months out.
Planned & Guided Tours include:
- Round trip airfare to Paris from many US cities
- Ground transfers to and from Paris
- One week of guided canal boat cruising (each cabin sleeps 2)
- Operating the boat (you are welcome to try your hand at driving)
- Initial provisioning of the boat (inc. dry goods, cleaning supplies and food)
- History tidbits and tours along our route
- Wine education & tasting plus cellar & vineyard tours with a Certified Specialist of Wine
- Optional yoga with an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (available on some cruises)
- Extras can include a few days in Paris or other cities / historic places before or after your cruise
- Facilitation of purchasing museum passes and bus tours
- Personal meeting to help you plan your trip
Including round-trip airfare, tours range from $3800-$5500 per person for one week (depends on trip extras/add-ons, which boat is rented and the time of year of the cruise/tour). Assumes 6 person occupancy, each cabin sleeps 2. Joining us for one of our Wine Adventure Tours or requesting that we plan and guide your small group vacation (such as with friends or family – 6 person max) is a perfect fit. Extending your trip to visit Paris or another city will increase your cost – amount of increase is based on your choice of hotel, tour package, etc.
2020 Chateaux & Cathedral Tour Add-on
4 days, 3 night travel via an 8 passenger minibus around the upper Loire river valley.
All entrance fees to the Chateaux of Guedelon, Chenonceau, Villandry and time permitting, Valencay.
Hotel stays at:
⌂ The tree houses of Les Galants (each tree house sleeps 2)
⌂ The Hotel-Resturant, La Chaumière, in the town of Aubigny-sur-Nère
⌂ La Roseraie at the town of Chenonceaux
Meals included are:
● All breakfasts
● Picnic dinner at your tree house
● 5 course dinner, Cuisine Gourmande at La Chaumière
● Lunch at the Chateau Chenonceaux’s orangerie or dinner at La Roseraie
● A driver, David, and a navigator, Sara ~ making your travel through France easy.
● Train travel to and from the tour start.
● History tidbits along our route.
● Wine education, tasting & cellar and vineyard tours with a Certified Specialist of Wine.
● Many, many, many local wines and unique French wines everyday along the route.
● The fun of spontaneous road trip travel through stunning French countryside.
Trip date and location:
Loire River Valley (Garden of France) 2020 ~ September 12th – 15th or 16th – 19th. *These trips are FULL.
Add-on cost for the Chateau & Cathedral Tour:
$1700 per person.
For more information and/or to book a trip contact David Devere at david @ savvynomad.com or give us a call at 218-409-2540. You can also sign up for our newsletter and receive notices on upcoming wine education classes and wine tours.
Questions about the tours? Visit our FAQ Page or give us a call or send us an email. We’re happy to talk to you.